Minnesota Truck Accident Lawyer
There are a number of reasons why truck accidents occur on the roads. Many truck drivers are inexperienced, especially handling the slippery Minnesota weather conditions. Other truck drivers are exhausted from driving while others may be driving a vehicle that is not up to par. In some instances, reckless driving, speeding, disobeying the traffic signs, alcohol and/or drugs and distractions such as a cell phone may be to blame for a truck accident.
How Insurance Works
Insurance providers are meant to handle these types of accidents and ensure you are fully compensated for your losses. But this is rarely the case. While an insurance provider may fix your truck tires or replace the broken window, they most likely will not pay for the financial losses if the person dies or is seriously injured. There are medical expenses, loss of income, loss of quality of life and rehabilitation fees to worry about, not to mention the emotional strain the accident will have caused.
Who is to Blame?
No one wants to admit or accept blame for a trucking accident. At McEwen & Kestner, PLLC we will work with you to determine who should pay for this accident. In most instances, a trucking accident will be the fault of:
- The truck driver – if the driver is speeding, drinking, reckless, distracted or driving poorly, then he may be to blame for the accident
- The trucking company – if the driver has been overworked and is physically exhausted, then the trucking company may be to blame for mistreating their employees
- The trucking manufacturing company – if the truck is found to be defective, then the manufacturing company may be the blame.
- The truck mechanic – if the vehicle is found to be faulty then the truck mechanic may be to blame for not doing his job and ensuring the truck meets the correct safety standards on the road.
Whenever there is a commercial truck accident, the results are usually devastating. This is because commercial trucks are so much larger than the typical highway vehicle. They can literally plow over a smaller vehicle and anything else in its path.
Minneapolis Truck Accident Attorney
McEwen & Kestner, PLLC handles all truck accident claims, no matter what the situation surrounding the accident. Some of our services include:
- No zone accidents
- Drunk driving truck accidents
- Semi truck and commercial truck accidents
- Garbage truck accidents
- Truck accidents due to mechanical malfunction
- Employer negligence
- Distracted or reckless driving truck accidents
- Wrongful death truck accidents
If you or someone you love has been injured from a truck accident, or if you have lost a loved one because of a truck accident, then we can help you. We will ensure that you are fully compensated for your losses so you can move forward from this tragedy without suffering financial hardship.
How We Can Help
Whatever your injury, we can help. Contact McEwen & Kestner, PLLC at 651-224-3833 or toll free at 800-732-3070 today to get the legal advice and financial compensation you deserve.