Minnesota Defective Medical Device Attorneys
The Food and Drug Administration is responsible for ensuring that all new and different medical devices, including all medications, are tested and approved before they are put on the market. However, there have been thousands of instances where a product, food or drug has been recalled due to the unsafe nature of it.
A defective medical device may be the cause of injury
The FDA is simply not able to test every single medical device for safety and efficacy and thus many devices make it onto the shelves and into the medical facilities that are actually not safe. If you have suffered a serious injury or illness due to a defective medical device, then Contact the McEwen & Kestner, PLLC today to discuss your legal options.
Our firm can help you with any serious injury or illness sustained by a medical complication including the following:
- Replacement components (knees, elbows, hips, ankles)
- Cosmetic implants (chin, breast, buttocks, calf)
- Surgical instruments
- Dangerous drugs
- Nursing home defective or unsafe products
- Poor advertising or false advertising claims
- Defective medical equipment
- Medical equipment that has not been serviced correctly or repaired
Hazardous Medical Device Lawsuit
In most instances the manufacturing company is to blame for the defective device. However, in some instances the blame may be placed on the doctor or physician for lack of care when using the device or performing the surgery. Either way, it can be daunting to consider filing a lawsuit against a medical manufacturing company or a medical professional. This is why it is important to speak to McEwen & Kestner, PLLC about your injury and concerns. We have years of experience filing lawsuits against multi-million dollar companies. Just because they are bigger than you does not mean they can push you around or cause you to suffer. We will work on your behalf to fight against any injustice and dangerous medical device.
How we Can Help
Medical mistakes can happen. However, you should not have to pay for them. A defective medical product accident can happen in any medical facility including a nursing home, hospital, specialist office, dentist’s office or surgical office. You could be left with serious brain damage, spinal injuries, constant back pain, paralysis, burns or even death due to a defective medical device.
Our attorneys will assess your case and determine the answers to the following questions:
- Was the device, prosthesis, instrument or implant was properly designed, manufactured and maintained?
- Did the doctor or physician give adequate warnings and safety instructions?
- Was there sufficient testing on the product prior to placing it on the market?
- Did the manufacturer over-promote the safety, effectiveness or benefits of the device in hopes of making more profit?
Minneapolis Defective Device Attorney
If you have suffered serious injury due to a defective medical device or if you are picking up the pieces due to the death of a loved one caused by dangerous medical equipment, then do not suffer in silence. We understand how difficult this situation can be and we are here to help. Contact the McEwen & Kestner, PLLC at 651-224-3833 or toll free at 800-732-3070 today to get the legal advice and financial compensation you deserve.