Minnesota Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer
Many people see garbage trucks as a slow moving vehicle, especially when stuck behind them on your way to work. However, garbage trucks, like any commercial vehicle, can cause serious accidents if driven recklessly. Garbage truck accidents can occur anytime anywhere and, unfortunately, often result in serious injuries for the driver as well as the other people involved. If you or someone you love has been injured in a garbage truck accident due to someone else’s negligence, then contact McEwen & Kestner, PLLC to see how we can help.
Garbage Truck Accidents
There are a number of incidents that could result in a garbage truck accident. Our firm handles all claims pertaining to garbage truck negligence including the following:
- Negligent or reckless driving, including speeding, drinking and driving and inexperience. Garbage truck drivers should be fully trained and experienced driving through the narrow roads and alleyways. They should also be fully aware of all children, pedestrians and other vehicles on the road.
- Falling objects/ waste accidents. If the waste is not managed properly, it could come loose and hit pedestrians and other drivers, causing serious accidents and injuries.
- Mechanical defects or manufacturer problems. If the garbage truck is not operating correctly, this could have dire results. A mechanic should service the garbage truck, checking for problem areas including the tires, the brakes, the engine and the timing belt.
- Pedestrian and garbage truck accidents
- Garbage truck collisions which other motor vehicles including trucks, motorcycles and cars
Garbage Truck Injuries and Fatalities
The impact of a garbage truck can cause serious injuries including death. Furthermore, if a garbage truck rolls due to a collision, the driver, as well as anyone in the truck’s path could be facing fatality. Some of the injuries caused by garbage truck accidents include:
- Burns, due to engine and waste explosions
- Permanent disability and paralysis
- Broken bones, fractured skull and other traumatic head injuries
- Brain injuries
- Ear and eye injuries due to the sudden impact
- Back, shoulder and neck pain
You may also be faced with a loss of quality of life as well as a loss of income if you are unable to work. If you are seriously injured you may need expensive surgeries or occupational therapy. You may need to see a psychologist for your emotional trauma or you may need to pay someone to take care of your children and family while you are recovering.
Minnesota Garbage Truck Accident Attorney
Regardless of the circumstances surrounding your garbage truck accident, we can help. We have the experience you need during this difficult time. Because a garbage truck is considered a commercial vehicle there are several confusing rules and regulations surrounding garbage truck accidents and Minnesota law. Our attorneys can work with you to determine who is at fault for the accident and what this means for you and your financial future.
Contact Us Today!
Contact McEwen & Kestner, PLLC at 651-224-3833 or toll free at (612) 324-1541 today to get the legal advice and financial compensation you deserve.