Minnesota Nursing Home Lawyer
Making the decision to put your loved one in a nursing home or elderly care facility is hard enough without the added guilt of discovering they might be facing neglect and/or abuse in that facility. Unfortunately, many nursing homes across Minnesota are understaffed and lack proper medical and safety devices for their residents. Because of this, nursing home neglect is more common than you may think. If your loved one has been a victim of nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect, contact McEwen & Kestner, PLLC today.
Nursing Home Neglect Cases
Your loved one may have a case for a nursing home lawsuit in the following instances:
- If the facility lacks proper heating and cooling
- If the facility lacks proper hygienic cleanliness
- If the facility refuses visitor rights and ignores the requests of their patients
- If the facility’s staff verbally, physically or sexually abuses the patients
- If the doctors and nurses overlook medical needs or do not provide proper medication
- If the facility does not have the proper medical staff or is understaffed
Nursing Home Abuse and Injuries
There are a number of injuries and illnesses that can occur due to nursing home abuse, nursing home neglect and nursing home malpractice. Your loved one may be honest about the abuse or he may hide it from you. You may notice certain signs that everything is not all right. Be on the lookout for:
- Untreated bedsores, open wounds, cuts, bruising or welts
- Emotional distress, a change in personality
- Fear or anger towards the staff
- Lack of personal hygiene
- Pale complexion
- Malnutrition and dehydration
McEwen & Kestner, PLLC will not be able to turn back time to stop the abuse, neglect or medical malpractice from happening. However, we can ensure that this treatment is stopped and that the facility and staff members are punished for their wrongdoing. Furthermore, we can ensure you are financially compensated for the emotional and physical pain and suffering.
Elder Care Rights
Those in an elderly facility have certain rights. If these rights are violated, then you need to contact a nursing home malpractice attorney right away:
- The right to be informed about policies, services and charges
- The right to choose your doctor and know about the medical conditions and treatment options
- The right to visitors and to participate in social and religious activities
- The right to voice complaints without fear of retaliation
- The right to be free from abuse and restraints
- The right to privacy, dignity, confidentially and respect
- The right to manage your personal finances
If your loved one has suffered emotional trauma and physical pain due to the neglect of a nursing home or elderly care facility, then contact McEwen & Kestner, PLLC. We can assess the case and determine who is to blame for this mistreatment. We will get to the bottom of this abuse and ensure it does not happen to anyone again.
Minnesota Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer
Do not walk away from nursing home malpractice. Contact McEwen & Kestner, PLLC at 651-224-3833 or toll free at 800-732-3070 today to get the legal advice and financial compensation you deserve.